• Subscribe
  • Validating a startup idea

Krishnaswamy Anand Ganesh
    13 replies
    What are some quick ways to validate your startup idea before putting serious resources behind it to make it work?

Replies

Narayana Aaditya
    Do a quick survey with friends and family
    AndreaWang
    Do a product waitlist landing page and build eyeballs for your page to gather some early feedback
    Rok Bozic
    ThinkDiffusion
    ThinkDiffusion
    1. Dont have a set product in your mind 2. Speak to people, understand their problem 3. Make your product solve that
    Tin Chung
    @bzcrk When you say "speak to people", how can you find right people to speak to that they're willing to share their problems? Like finding in an intuitive approach.
    Tin Chung
    @bzcrk I mean you must have specific communities that you target at in mind right?
    Apostolos Toptsis
    Become a user of what you are trying to solve and see if it is actually worth it. Would you pay for it? Have you worked with a similar product in the past but it didn't solve everything you're looking for? Are you a subject matter expert in this field and the product you're trying to build? Ask other subject matter experts in the field and get their opinion.
    Jay Phelps
    Talk to your potential customers, understand their pain points, and see if your idea provides a viable solution.
    Sebastian Janus - derStartupCFO
    A quick user survey would work.
    John Lim
    Launch MVP as soon as possible
    Elena Tsemirava
    Use your personal network and just ask everybody who is relevant. MVP, I would say, normally isn't the quickest way, but rather an effective one.
    Carlos Rodrigues
    I believe the following resources could help: 1) YC Partner Kevin Hale provides a comprehensive walkthrough on idea evaluation and offers insights into how founders should approach their startups:
    2) Courtland Allen, the founder of Indie Hackers, offers valuable insights on the process of brainstorming exceptional business ideas: https://www.indiehackers.com/pos... 3) Rob Fitzpatrick's book, "The Mom Test: How to talk to customers & learn if your business is a good idea when everyone is lying to you," is a recommended read for understanding effective customer interactions and business idea validation. I hope this can help.