• Subscribe
  • What do you like about working remotely and what don’t you like?

Julia Engelsmann
    10 replies

Replies

Emily Willis
    Hi Julia! Loves are.... - solo working! I have ADHD so working solo means I can focus & work more productively with no distractions - async ways of working - less time in meetings! More time delivering output faster - being home when my kids get home from school which means hearing their feelings on their day immediately, while it's top of mind Don't like... - Feeling disconnected from workmates - Feeling out of the loop - I miss those 'lunch time' conversations where you get to talk about anything & everything outside of work so you can connect far better with colleagues than you ever can on a 30-min rapid-fire Zoom or TeemyCo virtual call - less 'breathing time' working remotely as you're working at a much more rapid pace - great for output but sometimes it's way too intense as you often go from one zoom call straight to the next with no down time in between
    Keith Mc
    Love working remotely. Gives me the freedom of starting when I want and being more productive instead of spending an hour or two in traffic daily for the commute.
    Zekiye Nur Kesici
    Working remotely allows me to focus deeply on my work without interruptions, boosting my productivity and giving me more control over my schedule. However, I miss the spontaneous collaboration and social interactions that come with working in an office environment.
    Natalia Toth
    I like that I can relax when I need it without feeling guilty. Still, I've realized that I'm more productive in the office, and our team is amazing so I love being around them. If I didn't have to commute for an hour to get there, I'd probably go to the office every day.
    Stefan Bader
    Good question Julia! We have a remote-first culture at Cello, so interesting to read what everyone is saying here. I love the flexibility of remote work and the fact we can hire the best talent globally. I do have to admit it's always great to be together with the team in the office, definitely for communication purposes and speed of execution. :)
    Bon
    As long as I want, I can go on a spontaneous trip and work from anywhere. The downside might be that interactions with people decrease, and sometimes I feel like my communication skills are deteriorating.
    JD Worcester
    Pro = Avoiding traffic Con = Lots of distractions, laundry, cat, etc.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Hi Julia, I start with a disadvantage: – Social distancing and not being present with your teammates. Advantage: – Customizing my working hours according to my mood and feelings. – Freedom above all.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Working remotely allows me to code in my pajamas, avoid rush hour traffic, and keep my favorite mug within reach. However, I do miss those spontaneous office chit-chats and the occasional free lunch Fridays!
    Chemical Bull
    Remote work offers flexibility & comfort, reducing commute stress. However, it can lead to isolation & blurred work-life boundaries. https://www.chemicalbull.com/pro...