• Subscribe
  • What do you want in a SEO tool? (Your suggestion might be featured in PH Launch Update for my tool)

Andrew Cook
    12 replies
    Okay, so some of you may know I'm making Back SEO, a native SEO content writer application that eliminates the need for having to rely on SaaS. The goal of the application is to be light weight, fast, and unlimited uses. Right now, total application weight is 65MB in the installer, 60 outside the installer (you can delete the installer if you'd like afterwards). Obviously, with a native app, there are advantages and disadvantages, for example, most people don't have 100gb free for local AI libraries that pass AI detectors, or it would be very inefficient to build backlink profiles (due to not even me getting access to the data you create/find using the app). I wanna make an update special for when I release on the first. Let's squeeze in some last minute ideas. Current features include: - SEO Content Editor (similar quality to other seo content brief/outline/article keyword suggestion tools) - Results analyzer for the keywords you build articles for - How many results you want to compare (only care about top 3? Go for it! For best results, use 10-15) - Audit your article (don't just compare to the top N searches, read it like how the search engine sees it) - Readability score - Sitemap audit (with some suggestions, more to come in later update, up to 1000 pages reliably) - Internal Link Juicer .csv output from site audit - keyword idea generator (have plans to make this more robust, right now it's only doing 500 keywords in like, 5 seconds, but that's a later update) - WordPress REST API Integration (with formatting & autodrafting articles to WP, you still gotta do some on-page SEO) - Pixabay API Integration (pulls images from Pixabay, creates a featured image for your WP draft) - OpenAI API Integration (I only offer heading generation and article generation from those headings at the moment, no custom prompts quite yet. This will likely be the feature I add if this thread RIPs) Now for my favorite ones - THEME EDITOR, customize your theme colors to whatever you want. Lots of customization options. It's a HUGE pet peeve of mine when apps don't have dark mode, so I gave my users an anycolortheywant mode. - FONT EDITOR, add in your own .ttf and .otf fonts, in case the default doesn't tickle your fancy I normally code backend, so those last two took the longest (saved me so much time creating the default theme to exactly how I wanted though). Anyways, this is probably too much info, but I am obviously really excited to share this product with you, and get some feedback on what people actually want out of their SEO tools, outside of what I already have.

Replies

Andrew Cook
    Back SEO Marketing Software
    Oh, and I guess to append some ideas that I have in my head/kind of in the works: App Plugins - I already have this somewhat implemented. Most new features are added using my plugin format in development, just need to debate on the specifics for how I want to implement it for production. The App Plugins idea is more for community built apps, not me adding plugins for you to purchase. Every update to Back SEO is free for life, I won't upsell. No monthly fees, nothing. I'm very anti monthly payments when they don't have to be. API Backend - Huge pet peeve of mine is APIs that aren't pay as you go, most of my competition offers a LIMITED API at the enterprise level. So turning Back SEO into an API would be pretty fun for other marketing developers. Integrations with your app - If our apps mesh well, I'd be down to integrate. Bigger data plugins - For people that have the desire to use massive libraries, I could include some in-app installs for bigger libraries, like, more powerful/different NLP algorithms, built in integration with open source grammar tools, etc. These suggestions are all pretty massive and will require extensive testing, hence, why I haven't implemented them yet.
    Teresa Brown
    Loving the idea of a lightweight native app that puts the power back into our hands. Can't wait to see how you make the SEO content creation process even smoother.
    Andrew Cook
    @teresa_brown1 Thank you. I'm looking forward to releasing and saving agencies upwards of $10k/year on content editors. Every day I keep getting new ideas and ways to implement them, so it's going to be a really strong app after 3 or 4 years.
    Maali Baali
    A tool that's backed by a good customer support team. If I have any questions or problems, I need to be able to get help quickly and easily.
    Andrew Cook
    @maali_1 Would good documentation be better? IMHO 99.9% of my problems that I raise to any customer support team could VERY easily be answered if they had proper up-to-date documentation. Plus, as a solopreneur, I can do customer support, but if I had to hire, I can only afford overseas, and I don't think that's what you're looking for.
    WorkHub
    Launching soon!
    A tool that is affordable and accessible to small businesses.
    When it comes to SEO tools, my ideal pick would be something versatile yet user-friendly. In my view, an effective SEO tool should seamlessly adapt to the evolving digital landscape, and that's where AiToolsKit.ai seems to shine. This comprehensive platform not only offers productive AI solutions but also includes valuable SEO insights. It's like a one-stop hub that provides not only AI-powered writing assistance and marketing tools, but also the ability to fine-tune your website's SEO strategies. It's clear that AiToolsKit.ai understands the dynamic nature of SEO and incorporates it within a holistic toolkit. In my wishlist for an SEO tool, robustness and reliability are key. AiToolsKit.ai seems to encapsulate these qualities by integrating a range of capabilities, from content creation to social media strategies, all while keeping SEO at the forefront. It's not just about optimizing keywords; it's about having a tool that comprehensively aligns with modern digital needs. With SEO being a fundamental aspect of online presence, having a platform like AiToolsKit.ai that streamlines this process could be a significant advantage. Your feedbacks and support are highly appreciated. PH Link: https://rebrand.ly/f13336
    Andrew Cook
    @wajahat_aitoolskit Thanks but this isn't a suggestion, nor is it relevant to the thread. It's you promoting your product on my discussion page. Looks like this was written by AI and also I consider it spam. Please read through the thread and respond appropriately instead of trying to promote your product in a way that doesn't move the discussion forward.
    Peter Son
    I believe an ideal SEO tool should offer a user-friendly interface with robust keyword research capabilities, comprehensive backlink analysis, and accurate ranking tracking. It should also provide insightful competitive analysis and suggestions for on-page optimization, making it easier for professionals like us to craft effective strategies. Furthermore, efficient reporting features and regular updates to adapt to search engine algorithm changes are crucial. Personally, I've been utilizing SEMrush for my client site (https://tekjee.com/) lately, finding its versatility and extensive feature set quite invaluable.
    Andrew Cook
    @peter_son5 hmmm, I think backlink analysis is pretty hard to run on a native app, as well as rank tracking (GSC does an amazing job on this, all the tools I've tried that connect with GSC have been inaccurate), as that would require the user to run excessive searches. though your comment does give me an idea for a "check for updates" button in my sitemap tab.