• Subscribe
  • What is the first step you take when you get an idea?

James Bond
    17 replies
    Coming up with an idea is the easy part. The real challenge lies in actually making it happen. What steps can one follow in this regard?

Replies

Luka Vasic
    LeadDelta professional relationships CRM
    First I write it somewhere to not lose it, in notes or Notion. I usually write up everything related to the idea too. If I can't make it happen now I let it sit for a day or two and come back to it. Now I cleared my head from it got new inspiration and set focus time to work on it. Most of my work is writing so I just start writing anything that comes to mind, rewrite... not worrying about formating as I do the finishing touches at the end.
    Suvojit Manna
    Write that thing down ! Refine and add points to it over time.
    Maksha Riaz
    Determine which skill sets will be most vital in making your idea a reality as you sketch out your concept. Do you require the services of a developer to create a technical platform? A co-founder who is well-versed in the industry? Then consider who you know who could be able to assist you in forming your team.
    Tony Buck
    Analyzing the market is the first step in confirming your idea is viable. Research the marketplace and ponder the following two questions: "Why hasn't this been done before?" and "Why can I do it more effectively?"
    DCodes
    @tony_buck Great comment. I also ask: "Would someone actually use this?" By the way, I'm looking for feedback on AnyGo, a tool used to easily compare the cost of driving and flying between U.S. cities. You can find it on my profile page. Thanks!
    Jake Reynolds
    I write it down, because I'll absolutely forget it otherwise. And then I build it! At least a half functional working version... I'm a very tactile learner and without being able to interact with my idea I can't tell if it has potential or not
    James Bond
    @jreynoldsdev Again I would say that the proper way to keep up with things is to write them down immediately.
    Aleks Dahlberg
    Ask people in conversation about what they currently think about this area in which your idea exists in, without mentioning your idea or the problem it solves. Get real feedback - mom test it!
    jemmie lennister
    Write down everything you can think of that relates to your invention, from what it is and how it works to how you'll make and market it. click over here to get more details about these