• Subscribe
  • What is the main reason for not choosing Product Management as your career?

Zainab Saeed
    6 replies

Replies

Anique Thaplawala
    It is a patience game πŸ˜„
    Hamad Muhammad Salim
    Its a grueling, thankless job. You feel like you are responsible for everything but in reality you have no authority. I have only tried it for 6 months and felt a little dead inside. In short, remember to hug your PM today.
    Abrar Hasan
    I guess it doesn't excite me much.
    WorkHub
    Launching soon!
    Product management is not a 9-to-5 job. You might someday participate in discussions to develop features of a new product and assist your team in resolving technical issues. Sometimes, when things are difficult, you might only need to boost the spirits of your team! Many people are reluctant to do this kind of job and avoid choosing it as a career.
    Zainab Saeed
    @qudsia_ali thank you for sharing these insights, can I share your answer with our students?
    Tapos Ovi
    Product management is like being your own boss. Work with every stakeholder but have no authority over anyone. It's a long-term game with a clear and visionary mindset. As a PM, you should find early product-market fit, a well-defined product roadmap with a great vision, talk to your customers, and work with cross-functional teams. Do whatever it takes to build the right thing cause at the end of the day, it's you who is responsible for coming up with a great product that will meet well business goals and solve the problems of your target market. So, actually, you are doing everything, and the core responsibilities associated with the role may be quite challenging for some people to act on a day-to-day basis, they may feel broken or over-pressurized in the long run. Some people again may find it suitable, and they love what they do all day around. We are not the same, after all.