• Subscribe
  • What is the right platform to promote dev tools?

Varun Varma
    6 replies
    Suggestions on building the Dev tool GTM.

Replies

Johannes
    I would say Hacker News
    flo merian
    @johannesplayground out of curiosity -- do you have any good resources on HN best practices?
    Gaurav Parvadiya
    Hacker News, Reddit, LinkedIn
    Satish Kumar
    Linkedin, Reddit, Blind
    flo merian
    @varunvarma91 hey Varun 👋 I've spent the last year working in a developer tool, experimenting with various channels. Here's what worked best from my experience: I experimented with more channels — publications, subreddits, communities — and recently open-sourced this repository of awesome places to promote dev tools. hope it helps!
    Jing Gu
    Beyond Identity
    Beyond Identity
    Let your audience lead the way and go where developer hang out. That's it, that's is the first principal of marketing. Appear where your target audience spends their time, and if you don't have unlimited funds, get specific. For example, does your dev tool solve a problem with database management? Go to the right subreddits, discord channels, podcasts, newsletters, publications, etc and put your product and content on those channels. Or does your dev tool solve a UX problem? Go to the subset of subreddits, etc where folks who care about UX problems hang out.