• Subscribe
  • What is the strangest product idea that has ever come to your mind?

Artem Bukharin
    5 replies
    As a product manager, I have come up with a lot of strange ideas. Some of them have even turned into successful startups. What is the strangest startup idea that has ever come to your mind?

Replies

My Phung
    Well, I’ve had tons of strange ideas haha. Some of them completely not viable or too futuristic. - AI copilot for your life: glasses with AR tech that can highlight the sidewalk to walk on from point a to b or show where to hit a pool ball - Revolutionize college club management with an app to sponsor events on campus - App to figure out what to eat at restaurants
    Kabir
    An open-source git replacement for non-programmers and novice programmers. It's a common struggle-many programmers find themselves grappling with git, often limited to basic commands like git add .; git commit -m 'msg'; git push origin branch; git pull origin branch; etc. The complexity of git, originally designed for the most advanced programmers like Linux kernel developers, poses a significant challenge for non-programmers and novice programmers. Then you add a ton of UI designers who have to work with programmers, and they are even worse at managing git repos. If I had 2 FTE resources available for 2 years, I would create a new git called "Git for Mere Mortals" and make it simple to use for entry-level programmers and non-programmers so that the core git functionality is available without the drama of git blame and git reset HARD, which many of my senior staff programmers love to chew on when grilling newbies. Git for Mere Mortals - 2 FTE x 2 years @ open source My crazy idea number 3.14
    Trader BinQosim
    Leveraging on fashion designers skills whereas I have no skills in fashion designing
    Artem Bukharin
    @trader_binqosim I tried to open a fashion brand without knowledge of fashion design. We had a good traction till Apple changed their policy and we got a huge growth in CPM