• Subscribe
  • What is your secret to rank in top 10 of the day? And get past 100 upvotes for your project?

Mezo
    14 replies

Replies

Kwaku Amprako
    I will be launching soon and have done heavy research. Launching with a Hunter increases your chances. In addition, from all the research I did, marketing goes a long way. Doing this at least 1 month prior to launching can make a huge impact. This could include: - Creating a teaser page, sharing it with friends and family. - Sharing the teaser page on external social platforms - Having a fully functioning website (On the day of launch) - Getting 30 upvotes in the first hour of launching Hope that helps
    Hossein Yazdi
    @kwaku_amprako Great tips, in addition, as per PHs launch guide, being active in the community is also helpful.
    In my opinion, timing of your launch and pre-launch outreach and engagement matter the most :)
    Sasha S
    @sandradjajic totally agree - preparation is everything - get all your ducks in a row and drum up support from all your networks! :)
    sidney alves
    Você diz que ama a chuva, mas você abre seu guarda-chuva quando chove. O melhor barulho do mundo é o som da chuva caindo. Um dia de chuva é um dia feliz! Um dia de chuva é tão belo quanto um dia de sol.
    Mehdi Rifai
    Interested in this thread
    Chris B
    Ranking is largely beyond your scope of influence, you don't know who and how big your competition is on the day of the launch. While being a little strategic can definitely get you more Upvotes.. Mass Market Positioning = More Upvotes Niche Market Positioning = Less Upvotes ( but Real Users) Out of two of my recent launches, both of which ended as #9 product of the day. One had 50+ votes and the other had 150+ votes. The one with 150+ Upvotes is a product in the 'Art & Photo editing' space, while the one with 50+ Upvotes is in the 'High Frequency Trading' space. The difference in the number of Upvotes were purely based on the fact that the other product was made for a broader audience. If we built a product of the same quality for 'Personal finance' category instead of 'High Frequency Trading' - it would most likely get 30-40% more upvotes. So the 'number of upvotes' is definitely not the measure of success of the product. The most interesting bit is, neither of our launches were planned, they were simply a part of the our scheduled submission activity across multiple sites. I assume we would have done way better with a little planning. The market definitely is in control here! We were more interested in having our product discovered by potential users and influencers in their respective categories over being ranked. We optimized our listing as the launch unfolded and here are a few things that might be helpful. To get more Upvotes... 1. Re-Position your product for a larger existing market ( Go massy) 2. Test & refine your taglines and intro rigorously (This probably matters more than the product itself, when it comes to Upvotes.) 3. Use the best visuals. (Preferably problem/solution or desired outcome oriented slides. Invest more time and money into this!) 4. Schedule your launch beforehand instead of entering in the middle of the day and not giving your product the full 24 hours exposure. 5. Let it roll, let your product stand on it's own merit instead of networking and being all touchy feely. Ask for critical feedback. 6. Keep in mind, no one cares if you got it wrong. It didn't cost you anything, you can always launch 2.0 . To Rank higher.... Mobilize your friends, family, team, co workers network to Upvote in the first couple of hours Also, you may consider launching after first 2 hours of the day, after you've seen the competition of the day, then launch. Our second product which did 3 times better in Upvotes still ranked the same. If you've more than 3 products that have crossed 100+ votes or 5 Products which have crossed 50+ votes in the first two hours - you're going to have a pretty tough competition for the #2-5 spots probably in the range of 250-300 Upvotes or more - which might be a huge ask. Launch #1; Chaplin - ChatGPT Trading Assistant Link - https://www.producthunt.com/post... Website - www.chaplin.app Eventually this product became "#1 Fintech product of the month" with only 53 Upvotes. Personally, this is more meaningful than being the Product of the Day. It meant that the users who we built for - liked our product! Launch #2; DiffusionArt - #1 Free Midjourney alternative Link - https://www.producthunt.com/post... Website - www.diffusionart.co Would love to be #1 Art Product of the Month with this. If you're into AI Art, an Upvote for DiffusionArt would be appreciated. Happy to help - planetnron @ gmail.com
    Mezo
    @chris_b8 Thank you so much for the detailed response, this is extremely helpful!
    Richard Gao
    I would say the most important thing is to build up an audience first and get some followers by being active on product hunt This helped us get 2nd product of the day for evoke-app.com
    Dr. Viktor
    Skinive AI: Skin Scanner, health checkup
    I think it's very important to prepare your audience in advance, and let them know the day of the launch.
    Anton Zorin
    @viktor_shpudeiko Building an audience first?
    Oxana
    We with TheSprkl ended in Top 10 recently. For my experience the power went from 1) teaser page, 2) be active on PH community, 3) released a free promo verion in product related communities (Figma & Webflow) before launching V1 on PH. Good luck with your launch!