• Subscribe
  • What key lesson did you learn from your Product Hunt launch?

Rupal Saini
    27 replies

Replies

hannah
    Patiently waiting here for answers too in anticipation for my launch!
    Rupal Saini
    @fusillihannah That’s great! When’s your launch date?
    Viktor Surkov
    Still preparing for it, but seems that the best way to succeed is to engage with community, engage with new products, share your honest opinions, build great product, and simply put a lot of work in preparation.
    Rupal Saini
    @viktor_surkov That's right! For a successful launch here, you need to be involved in community discussions and support other product launches.
    Savian Boroanca
    After receiving over 2,000 upvotes, 500 comments, and around 250 reviews, we can confidently say this experience was both intense and immensely rewarding. + a Golden Kitty Read all about it here: 👉 https://savianboroanca.com/essay...
    Han Kim
    Launching soon!
    @savian_boroanca wow - 2000 upvotes 👀 did you do any marketing on PH before launch?
    Savian Boroanca
    @the_han_kim, we started the community on day one and launched after three months on PH. So we had some 500 people in our corner and they spread the word.
    Han Kim
    Launching soon!
    @savian_boroanca Awesome - thats amazing! Thanks for sharing - very helpful! Our launch is coming up in a week.
    Rupal Saini
    @savian_boroanca Wow, that’s amazing! 🎉 Congrats on the Golden Kitty. I’m looking forward to checking out your essay. Thanks for sharing!
    Rafael Biasiolo
    I'm new here, I launched a product following the intuitive step by step. What preparation tips do you recommend? https://www.producthunt.com/post...
    Rupal Saini
    Hi @rafael_biasiolo, I see you already launched your product. I supported it—congrats on the launch! To answer your question that may help when you plan to relaunch this product (which you can do after 6 months of initial launch), I would suggest you engage with the community here, support their product launches, and build your audience. This will help you on your launch day. All the people who follow you here will get notified about your launch so they can support you on your launch day. You can share details about your launch here in discussions so community members will be able to know about it and can support your launch.
    pushpendra pal
    Hey, I have launched on product hunt for the first time and here are some suggestions- - Don't upvote your product with user signed up on your launch day itself - engage with community before even launching, so that on launch day you get genuine ph users
    Wesley Vaughn
    Timing is everything for me. I launched too early and missed some key features.
    Rupal Saini
    I understand. @wesley_vaughn, can you share more about your product? For your information, you can relaunch your product after 6 months of its initial launch here.
    Edwin Lambert
    I underestimated the power of great visuals and branding. Also Feedback is gold for me! I learned so much from user comments.
    Rupal Saini
    @edwin_lambert, I’m also someone who prefers to understand a product by seeing its visuals and demo video rather than just reading about it. That’s a great takeaway, Edwin! :)
    Wesley Ward
    The importance of pre launch hype can't be overstated. Building a buzz and engaging with potential users before the launch made a huge difference.
    Rupal Saini
    @wesley_ward, I learned the same from my first launch. Since then, I’ve been involved in the community, and it’s been great—people are so supportive. Spending time here and helping others is definitely worth it! :D
    Malik Shaw
    I think Timing is crucial. Launching early in the day gave us better visibility and a higher chance of gaining traction on Product Hunt.
    Johnnie Kuvalis
    From my experience Engaging with the community throughout the launch day was key. Responding to comments and feedback quickly helped maintain momentum and interest.
    Rupal Saini
    @johnnie_kuvalis, yes, it's one of the most important things. I think the PH algorithm does consider being active and continuously engaged on launch day.