• Subscribe
  • What's your biggest problem right now?

Atticus Li
    35 replies

Replies

Abigail Salimpuran
    Probably being able to know what's best for me or what career should I do in the near future. For context I'm taking Computer Science in my 2nd year now and it's getting serious about the thought of is it really my passion or what lol
    Hjalte Niehorster
    @abigail_salimpuran that’s not a problem! A bright future ahead and think in challenges and solutions ;)
    Atticus Li
    @abigail_salimpuran Impressive! CS is a great way to learn how to think in systems and it's a good career field if you like what you are learning!
    Aris Nakos
    @abigail_salimpuran You are ahead of the game by being on Product Hunt. Next step is to build something and to observe the process of building carefully. There are nuggets of wisdom that can turn into products along the way.
    Avital Trifsik
    Being creative :(
    Atticus Li
    @avital_trifsik Creativity is really hard, it is a skill to be practiced. Real art takes not talent but dedication to the art. I often think about how we have so many AI arts but they had to learn from really good artists first.
    thereliableguy
    How can you exactly be sure whether someone will buy what you are building?
    Hjalte Niehorster
    @aravindc1691 talk more to customers, define the problems your product is solving first, then build the product, find a group of launching customer through forums and sub sets. Ask what the problem is worth to be solved, the. You have a valuable value proposition and you know the price
    thereliableguy
    @hhn My current problem is finding a group of launching customers. Lets say I want to meet Customer Success Managers of SaaS companies. What are the best forums to find them? I have tried reddit and linkedin but they haven't worked well for me so far.
    Atticus Li
    @aravindc1691 What we did with Jobsolv is that we just put it out on the market to validate the idea. Within 5 days someone paid $2,000 for our service. Also I spent hundreds of dollars paying for user research and it was not helpful. People said they wouldn't pay more than $5, but those people are not our target market. Wnat to know if people will pay for it? Make a product and pre-sell it; don't ask if they will buy it. See who and how much people actually takes out their wallet. Real cash talks louder than any research. At least in my experience
    Claudio Afonso
    @aravindc1691 have you tried contracting people who have that job title on LinkedIn and running a quick interview with them in exchange for a gift card. It won't cost you an arm and a leg, and they're likely to be your correct audience. My only advice here is that you get an experienced researcher to conduct the interviews. There is an art to extracting the information you seek.
    Sankar Isanaka
    introducing my product to target users, that's the main problem and community is calling the solution as Marketing, which is a huge thing and most of the time product specific. without people using it, product is of no value, free or paid you need some users on it and that's the challenge we have now.
    Atticus Li
    @sanhq My background is in behavioral economics and experimentation. I am not a dev but I have worked with a lot. It's very true that people spend months building and then get no one to use their tool because they don't know how to communicate their product to the target audiences
    Swayam
    Visibility issues to my target audience
    Atticus Li
    @swayammi7 We have the opposite problem. I A/B tested everything we put out, and we have really gotten the target audience's pain points, their needs, and desires. And we have gotten them to pay us a lot of money for our service. Our service was doing too well, and the team didn't want to move over to a SaaS product. Really had to sell the vision to my team to get everyone behind it
    Loane
    do the right choice as my family force me to go in master degree but I work since 1 year as a freelancer so im not motivated to go.
    Atticus Li
    @ipaparazzo_app I am considering a PhDs, but it's hard to go back into student loan debt for school and also the opportunity cost of not earning any income at the same time.
    Adejoke Yinka
    I have so much internet issue
    Vincent Xu
    AI Researcher
    AI Researcher
    Balancing productivity with personal well-being is my current challenge, Atticus. It's a tough juggle, but I'm actively seeking out strategies to maintain equilibrium.
    Victor Detraz
    Allocating enough time for Marketing tasks, or finding the right ratio between product/support and sales/marketing
    Atticus Li
    @vicecaz I was struggling with this a while back, and I realized that I didn't want people to keep coming to me with problems. check out the book 1-minute manager. I used some techniques from there and also set up a system that would mitigate stress away from me so I can focus on high-impact activities
    Joseph Collins
    My sister is my biggest problem
    Jamie L
    AI Desk by Collov AI
    AI Desk by Collov AI
    Atticus, my biggest challenge at the moment is finding the right balance between productivity and personal well-being. It's a constant juggle, but I'm working on implementing better time management techniques!
    Andrzej Pacholik
    Building meaningful connections and maintaining motivation to reach out to people while being an introvert.
    Yogita Gholap
    What to do in life and sleeping hours
    Aris Nakos
    Developing on the cloud is time-consuming, especially with AWS.