• Subscribe
  • What's your most untraditional source of inspiration for being an entrepreneur?

Maria Hagsten
    2 replies
    Mine is the printers and artists of the Renaissance, especially Albrecht Dürer and Aldus Manutius. They were at the forefront of technological innovation at their time. They were driven, dedicated, and innovative. Plus, they made beautiful artifacts, which I, as a designer, appreciate and adore. Taking breaks from my work to study their work and learn about their lives nurtures the history buff in me while inspiring my entrepreneurial spirit to aim higher and think bigger.

Replies

Stefan Pettersson
    Coffee Companion
    Coffee Companion
    As a kid I loved building large, intricate houses of LEGO. Then I would catch bumblebees and let them into the house to "enjoy" all the stuff I built. That same feeling is still an inspiration when building digital products (except that I hope users do get actual value out of what I build, rather than being trapped and stressed out to death 😂)
    Maria Hagsten
    @stpe What a great story and I share your love of LEGO. I can just picture the confused little bumblebees 🤣. Reminds me of my earliest memories of wanting to become someone who builds things. I was a little girl and had just gone to bed after making up stories for my toys. I had the realization that I could build some of the things I had dreamt up in my stories. I was all excited and ended up staying awake for a long time imagining what I would build. The next day I experienced the full spectrum of how it is to build stuff: the joy of seeing things take shape and the frustration of not quite being able to make what I could envision. A story I feel repeat every day of my life as a creator 😅