• Subscribe
  • What would you rather be: Builder OR Marketer?

Vaibhav
    26 replies
    Title says it all. If not, the question is: Would you rather be a builder type of person i.e. "the one who creates" or the marketer type i.e "the one who sells". Let's see where does the majority of folks belong to!

Replies

Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @leeelizabeth Elizabeth, what would you like to build?
    Rowe Morehouse
    Sales Likelihood Calculator
    Sales Likelihood Calculator
    I love building, AND marketing is really hard, for many good reasons. But when marketing starts to work, it is so rewarding! On the other hand, you can build, build, build, and then only a few people use your product, and nobody knows the huge amount of work that went into it. I think it's easier to "get into the zone" with building, and that is a reward unto itself. Marketing wins feel great though!
    My3 Murthy
    I am a marketer who has recently discovered no-code. I LOVE building! I hate coding though- so this is perfect! Having said that I flip-flop between the two.
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @my3_murthy Coding is not everything about building. Good to hear you found your "kick" with No-Code. Have you made anything with it?
    Hitha Boorla
    I would say marketer but I don't think I would market for a product I don't believe in. Building something meaningful also has it's appeal. @adeeb_malik what do you think?
    Adeeb Malik
    @hitha_boorla Believing comes from doing. A marketer is indirectly a builder as well., involved in every stage of the product lifecycle, be it building it, feature rollouts, customer support, marketing, driving users, etc. even working on the code in some way or the other The line is so thin, let's create a third category - Marketers+Builders - Markers... Thoughts?
    Naomi | Beeyond AI
    The real question is, why not both? 🧐
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @ayeshaakram So, what are you going to build, Ayesha?
    Jonah Muye
    Both Worlds! The ideal scenario would be a role that combines both. Building something innovative and then marketing it to the world would be incredibly rewarding.
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @jonahmuye Are you refering about being a "Solopreneur", Jonah? :)
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @daniel_smith29 Why is that, Daniel?
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @mason_julian So, what are you building next?
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @christopher_clark8 Is that something you discovered recently or just like doing?
    Ruby Alexander
    I would rather be a content producer then being a builder of marketer. I am quite satisfied with my passoion.
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @ruby_alexander Content producer sounds something under the category of Marketing only, right? Or have I got it wrong, Ruby?
    Abhra Ch.
    @vaibhavdwivedi That's such an interesting question! 😄 Personally, I'd lean towards being a builder. There's something incredibly fulfilling about creating something from scratch and watching it come to life. But honestly, great marketers play such a crucial role in bringing those creations to the world. It's a tough choice! How about you?😆
    Milo Nathaniel Thorne
    Depends on the stage of the company for me. Early on, being the builder is key to get the core product right. Once you have product-market fit, the marketer becomes critical to drive growth and scale the business. Personally I prefer building, but I've learned marketing is equally important if you want to have impact. Ideally, find a cofounder who complements your skills.
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @milonathanielthorne One of the best answers here. You are right with the fact that you would want to have both things sorted after PMF to achieve higher milestones. Thanks for your input, Milo!