• Subscribe
  • Where do you find your technical co-founder?

Brian Moon
    9 replies
    Hey folks, wondering where you find your technical partner in crime. I'm a designer with a start-up background and would love to have a development partner to bounce off ideas and actually build something.

Replies

Xavier JJ
    My Co Founder is actually my friend from college.
    Raza Rasool
    Tech meetups, startup events, online forums (like GitHub or Stack Overflow), and networking within tech communities or through referrals from colleagues.
    Brian Moon
    @razayousaf Didn't realize Github and Stack Overflow had online spaces where you could network. Good to know!
    Vincent Xu
    AI Researcher
    AI Researcher
    Hey Brian! I totally get it, finding a technical co-founder can be tough. As for your question, I've had success finding co-founders through networking events and online communities like Indie Hackers and Hacker News. By the way, I'm actually about to launch my own product soon and was wondering if you had any advice for a first-time launcher? It would be great to get your feedback once it's live too. You can click the "Notify" button to get notified when it's ready. Thanks in advance!
    Elena Tsemirava
    It was a VERY difficult task. But I found him through my LinkedIn network.
    Mihajlo Kovacevic
    I found him in a Scientific Research Center that I was a part of in high school.
    Kirill Grebenjukov
    I would suggest first to try to find it in your current network - your friends and friends of friends) If there is no one I would try to buildinpublic, share your vision and network-network-network. I agree with @elenat it might be very difficult task. I also have to mention two sides of this coin: From one side keep in mind that not everyone who says they can actually can. So move slowly. From another side tech startups require a lot of investment from technical co-founder in the beginning even before you will be able to verify an idea, likely much bigger investment than other founders and all founders should have an agreement about it.