• Subscribe
  • Where do you stand on AI generated content for SEO?

Namrata Arya
    7 replies
    There’s so much chatter around this and it has been one of the most polarizing topics in the SEO community in a long time. While Google says it doesn’t have a problem with AI generated content, a lot of SEO experts believe otherwise. What is your take on this?

Replies

Emily Willis
    Great discussion topic! I use AI generated content for various different stages in the content production workflow, some of which include; idea generation, content outlines, reworking existing/old content, optimising existing content, refining poorly structured paragraphs fast, meta data generation, H1s/headline creation & experimenting, script creation, social copy, email copy, marketing copy, internal comms messaging etc. Where it falls short right now is producing original long-form content given AI calls from existing content IP.
    Tasmiya Sayed 🇵🇸
    I have been using ChatGPT to generate a lot of content for SEO. However, it never is a straight up copy paste job, I usually edit the content to ensure that there are no red flags in the content. I have seen good results on my blogs with some turbulence lately due to the massive google update. Otherwise I see no problem.
    JD Worcester
    Neil Patel has a great tweet about GEO here. With AI search engines, AI content on websites will actually rank you lower. Tweet - https://x.com/neilpatel/status/1...
    Namrata Arya
    @jd_worcester thanks for sharing this. This doesn’t say AI content will rank you lower though?
    Gurkaran Singh
    Well, when it comes to AI-generated content for SEO, it's like walking a fine line between innovation and imitation. So, are we letting robots write the next great novel, or are we just creating a digital version of Mad Libs?