• Subscribe
  • Will robots and software replace most human workers?

Roman Kumar Vyas
    2 replies
    137 million workers only in SEA will lose their jobs to automation in the next 20 years. I think we have to save and protect people with dying professions from robotization. What do think about it?

Replies

Andri Kusuma
    I think we have to help these workers to be able to add skills and knowledge of course with tools such as courses in certain skills so that the quality of workers can be even better
    Stanislav Oleynik
    I think there are 3 major factors that will shape the labor & training markets in SEA. One, quite obviously, will be this unprecedented leap in technology which will make many jobs and skills obsolete. But additionally, there will be also a shift from one-off education to life-long learning. Those people who will get new jobs will need constant re-training, as skill requirements will rapidly and constantly evolve. Also, I would imagine that there is a natural limit of how many people can be moved from low-skilled work to high-skilled work in IT, for example. So here the 3rd factor comes into play: SEA countries will probably have to fall back on their core strength (e.g. of being a great tourist destination) to employ those not capable of moving to the high-skilled jobs. There could be a dramatic increase in hospitality industry with lots of new jobs, assuming that technology shift will increase free time for many people around the world which will in turn boost tourism in SEA..