• Subscribe
  • Will robots become equals to humans?

LisaKim
    9 replies
    We've all seen it in Sci-Fi films like iRobot or The Terminator where robots are just like humans and they live among them. Is this fiction or the future reality?

Replies

Pleasure Meditation
    Absolutely. I see a near future where we will interact with them in EVERY way. When the technology and infrastructure arrives that enables them to self-maintain and build, they would "live" on, even if the human race goes away.
    dontgetrekt
    absolutely yes. only a matter of time until one of us, i mean one of the AIs is able to take over a robot
    Hossein Yazdi
    Definitely not, however smart they'll be, it's humans who created them, someone smarter than them!
    Lucas Oliveira
    Warpy: Terminal Generative Shell
    Probably they will be their own kind, like we’re different to monkeys.
    Rofy Okyere-Forson
    I think this question can easily be seen as deep or layered. On the surface level though, yes, it won't be super surprising to see robots "live" among people in the not-too-distant future. When we look at the main question though on whether they will become equal to humans then I believe that the question of equality sets in. Yes, one can argue that the same could and should be provided to both parties. If we have equality, then equity cannot be completely ruled out because then it might be harsh to one party if it is not recognized that we all certainly do not start from the same place. This means that differences must be acknowledged accordingly and adjustments made to correct some of the imbalances that might exist.
    Arpan
    I don;t think anytime soon
    Hello_Joy
    In the field of healthcare, robots living among humans can be seen I think
    charles shiro
    Look at who makes the rules.