• Subscribe
  • X vs LinkedIn. Which one is better for lead generation ?

sintone
    15 replies

Replies

Judith Amarachi 💙
    Depending on your business model and the kind of leads you're looking for,
    sintone
    Macaify - for faster use of ChatGPT
    @judith_amarachi_ Yes, you are right. But what are the differences in the business models that are suitable for the two platforms?
    Judith Amarachi 💙
    @sintone If the product is a high-priced one, LinkedIn can be a great place to start. There, you will have access to your ICP and their decision-makers. If the product is low-ticket, you can consider Twitter. Both platforms can be used to target users for different products, but one is more specific than the other
    Sairaj
    I'd pose the question in a slightly different manner. X vs LinkedIn. Which one has better capability to reach the niche that you want? Hopefully that helps iterate over some potential linkedin groups, or x communities etc that you can find
    sintone
    @sai_p I know some differences between these two platforms, but I'm not completely clear about their differences in lead generation. Actually, what I want to know is what exactly are the differences between these two platforms?
    Igor Lysenko
    Both social networks have a great audience, but you need to make a clear analysis of what type of clients you are interested in
    sintone
    @ixord Yes, you're right. Target clients positioning is very important. So, what are the differences between different clients types on the two platforms? Is there a certain type of customer more suitable for X, while another type more suitable for LinkedIn?
    Brian Hurst
    This is super product/ audience specific. What are you building? I'm the creator of mDash, an AI-powered project management tool built specifically for web development (that's actually launching tomorrow!), and we found much greater success on X than we did on LinkedIn. But I know others who succeeded on LinkedIn while failing on X. All depends on what you're building and who you're trying to reach with it.
    sintone
    @brianhurst Thanks Brian, I saw your launch and you did a good job. My product is a clipboard management software for macOS, focusing on simplicity and ease of use. How should I choose and expand my target audience?
    Brian Hurst
    @sintone Thank you! There are a lot of Mac users, and a clipboard management software sounds useful across the board, so you have a pretty big possible audience, which is awesome! The only thing is, a lot of people probably don't know or realize that they could benefit from your product, and the general public might not be easy to convince to give it a try. I can't say this is the right answer, but I'd say: find the Mac / Apple techies. Find the people who not only use the system you're building for, but LOVE everything about it and its associated technology. I believe they'll be far more receptive to trying your software early on than the general public, and these are the types of people who others likely trust for tech advice and recommendation. Regardless of if that's the route you take or you target some different niche (there is no wrong answer there), I think you'd be able to more easily to generate leads on X than on LinkedIn, based on the nature of your product. Hope that helps, and good luck!
    sintone
    @brianhurst Omg Brian, "a lot of people probably don't know or realize that they could benefit from your product, and the general public might not be easy to convince to give it a try." You hit the nail on the head with that statement, and it's been the most profound realization for me after days of marketing efforts. And I have to say, "find the Mac/Apple techies." I love your suggestion, as it seems to provide a clear direction amidst the overwhelming "Launch tips." I really like this idea. I think I'll give it a try (I believe it will lead to some breakthroughs). Thanks again, bro. I'm truly inspired! I hope that both of us can welcome good fortune :)