• Subscribe
  • How are you dealing with handling too much stuff?

Chen Friedman
    14 replies
    Hey everyone, What are your "secrets" to handling your tasks when you have a lot on your plate? I guess everyone has been in a situation where it's all pretty chaotic and you need to get it in order - so any suggestions, ideas, tools are more than welcome :)

Replies

Serdar Palaoglu
    I take my red pencil out and strike out the things that are not important at the moment
    Chen Friedman
    @serdarplg it reminds me of a friend who was highlighting the important stuff with a marker when studying - in the end everything was highlighted though :D
    Iā€™m not really šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
    Chen Friedman
    @maxwellcdavis it's a daily struggle, isn't it?
    Ivan Ralic
    Collabwriting
    Collabwriting
    Any specific tools won't help you. Instead try to remove any distractions disabling you from getting into the Deep Work. Do one thing at a time, then checking everything from that list feels like a sprint, a game, constant dopamine shocks from things you care about instead of random red circles and sounds šŸ˜‚ Deep work takes time. Find a 6-hour part of your day when you are inaccessible. āžœ No meetings āžœ No notifications āžœ No nothing not related to your deep work focus
    Chen Friedman
    @ralic this is indeed one of the best things I've encountered on the topic - the deep work methodology. Thank you :)
    Utku Uzun
    I black coffee always gives me the enough energy and will to overcome those stuffs!
    Chen Friedman
    @utkuuzun aren't you getting anxious sometimes because of the caffeine? :D
    WorkHub
    Launching soon!
    When I have a lot to do, I start with my favorite coffee by my side. I use 4D's of Time management to divide all my tasks. Then it becomes easier for me to do the most important tasks first.
    I prioritize the "big stuff" and tackle the overwhelming tasks first.
    James Bond
    I just run into my tasks, keep a cup of coffee with me, and don't leave my seat until I am finished (or if I am in need of another cup of coffee).