• Subscribe
  • What's the one launch tip you wish you knew before launching on Product Hunt?๐Ÿ†

Bart Drijver
    25 replies
    We'll be launching Taglayer on Product Hunt soon and I've read all the blogs, tips, how-to's etc. but I was wondering what your ultimate tip would be. Was there something the blogs etc. didn't mention and would've really helped you? ๐Ÿค”

Replies

Jamesky
    Some things I did wrong when I first launched on Product Hunt with my previous company is that I didn't build relationships with the community before launching. - I didn't engage with other products, ask for feedback, or share relevant content, which made it difficult to gain traction for my launch. - I didn't have a clear and attention-grabbing headline and description, and I wasn't prepared to answer questions from the community. Finally, I didn't do enough to promote my launch on social media and other channels, which resulted in a lack of visibility for my product. But hey, you live and you learn right?
    Kim HM
    @jamesky1 Your experience is very valuable for us to learn from. Our company is also planning to put our product on Product Hunt in the next 1-2 months, and it seems like we still have a lot of preparatory work to do. Thank you so much for sharing!
    Bart Drijver
    @jamesky1 Thanks for sharing, these are very valuable lessons I'll keep in mind!
    David J. Kim
    @jamesky1 By sharing relevant content, are you talking about within producthunt itself or in your Twitter/LinkedIn?
    Jamesky
    @between_team everywhere. If you share something that has to do with your company/brand. Make sure you stay on topic to reach the right crowd. Itโ€™s better to launch with 100 people who are actually interested in your product than with 500 people who donโ€™t care about it.
    Kim HM
    This is indeed an excellent question, and I found valuable suggestions from it. Wish you great success and get the top ranking on Product Hunt!
    Colby Shelton
    - Didn't prioritize connecting with other Makers; learn what worked/didn't work - Lack of prep with emails to send to our subscribers - We solely focused on growing our socials like Twitter and Instagram but didn't promote the Product Hunt prelaunch on those platforms - We launched before we had all of our design assets loaded; namely our awesome video promo.
    @colbyprompt Did you connect only on PH or other channels like LN also?
    srprs
    meetheverse
    meetheverse
    1. Be active on the website before the launch. 2. Pre-launch. 3. Contact an experienced Hunter. 4. Launch between Tuesday & Thursday.
    Mila Dymnikova
    Hey @srprs, just curious, what do you mean by "contact an experienced hunter"? :)
    Andrรฉ J
    To have the infra to handle the demand after
    Ozan
    Life-Changing Concepts
    Life-Changing Concepts
    This is me reading this thread as I have a launch in two days: ๐Ÿ‘€
    Matt
    @irturko Is there a launch support group of makers to tap into? We're launching this weekend!
    Shubhangi
    leverage every possible distribution channel
    Praveen Mishra
    It's a 24-hour-long marathon and you WILL HAVE to run it. Prepare yourself mentally & physically. As we wrap, I'd love for more support. This community has already given us so much!
    Bart Drijver
    @praveen_mishra6 Was it necessary to be present with your whole team for 24h nonstop or did you take shifts so some people could take breaks in between?
    Praveen Mishra
    @bartdrijver97 half of our team stayed online for 24hous straight with 2-3 hours of sleep. Our tech team was at the backend helping users, addressing queries, replying to comments, etc while other half focused on distribution.